Human Embryonic Stem Cells, Second Edition
An Introduction to the Science and Therapeutic Potential
by Ann A. Kiessling, PhD, Scott. C. AndersonWritten by Dr. Ann Kiessling, founder of the Bedford Research Foundation, and director of the only research laboratory in the United States to conduct Stem Cell Research on unfertilized human eggs.
The first book to thoroughly document the current state of human embryonic stem cell research. Essential reading for anyone interested in the controversial science that could heal more than 60% of the American population.
• Provides an inside look from one of the primary researchers in stem-cell science (Kiessling), making this an authoritative text.
• Never-before-seen pictures of human eggs.
• An easy-to-understand overview at the beginning of each chapter.
• Second half of each chapter delivers detailed molecular biology of human embryonic stem cells.
• Section on ethics brings more science to the debate, raising important questions for the reader.
• The text provides the results of the latest research with therapeutic embryonic stem cells, as well as a chapter on ethics that could be useful in a bioethics program.
• Preview the first edition of this book on Google Books.