BRF is a biomedical institute conducting stem cell and related research for diseases presently considered incurable. It does this four ways:
Carried out in the US and through collaborations in Europe. Includes:
- Patient-specific Stem Cells from Testis and Parthenotes: for stem cell therapies, including innovations for curing HIV disease, and spinal cord injury.
- The Clock Pathway in embryos: how circadian rhythms impact early embryo development, and improve the efficiency of deriving new stem cell lines.
- Prostate Cancer Screening: Creating sensitive and accurate tests to detect and stage prostate cancer.
2. EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
Two educational conferences:
- SPAR (Special Program of Assisted Reproduction) a unique, award winning program combining HIV Semen Testing and Sperm Washing for safe procreation.
- Mail-in test kits for: infertility, post-vasectomy-check, and prostatitis-check.
- Culture medium for embryo development: GEM (Gamete-Embryo Medium).
These products and services have been developed during the course of our research and help to cover the administrative costs of the laboratory. This allows research activities to proceed with minimal overhead (about 6%).
4. EDUCATIONAL MEDIA
Based on our research and events we produce:
- Newsletters (email and snail mail): Our newsletters cover breakthroughs in research, as well as easy tutorials on the basics, and updates on Foundation news. Sign-up on our homepage, or email us your snail-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos of Groundbreaking Talks: free on the event sites and through iTunes Podcasts.
- Educational Videos About Stem Cells and Stem Cell Research: available on our popular FAQs page.