Scientific Director (Bedford, MA)
The Bedford Research Foundation is seeking a scientific director to lead its program to derive parthenogenetic stem cells from unfertilized human eggs. Experience with human eggs and stem cell derivation is required. Proven success in obtaining grant funding and a strong publication record are also required.
Contact: ryan [a] bedfordresearch.org
Bedford Research Foundation is a 20-year old not-for-profit 501(c)(3) research institution in Massachusetts that was founded to conduct research that cannot be funded with federal dollars. It is a stable research environment with its own Ethics Advisory Board, Human Subjects Committee, Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight Committee and Animal Care and Use Committee.
Clinical/Tech/Office Support Person (Bedford, MA)
The Bedford Research Foundation is seeking a program coordinator for one of our clinical programs. Join our team!
We are looking for help to support operations vital to our mission. Specifically, at least 50% of your time will be dedicated to supporting specialized testing services that include laboratory bench work, client communication, PCR assay, and data analysis. You will work closely with a small, friendly staff of medical and research professionals. This position performs routine laboratory duties as well as coordinates client visits and care, schedules appointments, ships client specimens, and schedules necessary meetings for Foundation staff. You will be also be responsible for billing and follow up on client accounts. This requires an understanding of accounting practices and procedures (please let us know your experience in this area), while also working within client confidentiality constraints.
We are looking for an applicant with excellent organization and communication skills, a willingness to develop and maintain systems for confidential client data retrieval. Our ideal candidate will be Mac savvy, have office and laboratory experience, client care experience, and be able to work with a very busy team on a day-to-day basis to get projects and task accomplished.
This position also serves as a catch-all position for Foundation admin overflow, and may help with fundraising, other research projects, and related office tasks. People with entrepreneurial attitudes thrive on our team. We are seeking candidates who are self-motivated problem solvers. This position is a good fit for somebody with previous nursing experience or client focused laboratory experience.
We are interested in applicants that are looking for long-term employment. Hourly compensation ranges depending on experience $18-$25/hr.
All applicants must be legal US residents. Bedford Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is based on experience. Our laboratory and offices are located in Bedford Massachusetts, near an MBTA bus line and just 10 minutes from route 128/95.
- *Phlebotomy experience a plus*
- BS in Biology or related field of study
- Experienced laboratory technician
- Outstanding office administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills a must: email, word processing, data entry, internet searches, document formatting and management, and database experience (filemaker pro). Must be Mac savvy, our facility is Mac-based. Additional tech / computer experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently – every member of our team must be able to set their own goals and stay on target with their productivity.
- Outstanding client care skills.
- Because some of our clients have infectious diseases – ability to follow strict protocol for client confidentiality is a must.
- References for the relevant job experience.
Email resume to: Ryan (a) bedfordresearch.org – Please DO NOT call.
Please include a BRIEF cover letter detailing:
- Experience as a laboratory technician
- Experience with office/clerical work and Macs
- Experience working independently and as a self-starter
- Interest in or understanding of working with a small research / medical team to provide non-profit laboratory services to clients while also collecting data for publication.
The Foundation is always in need of fundraising and development volunteer help. If you would like to get involved and help us change the pace of progress – email: ryan (a) bedfordresearch.org. Thank you!